Black Pistol Company LLC offers more than just the NRA BOPS ILT course. BOPS is a spectacular course for newer shooters as well as experienced ones but we realize our clients have many needs and we try to tailor our business around them. If you have anything specific you’d like to work on then please reach out to me for a personalized quote.
*Black Pistol Company LLC is committed to the safety of our clients on the range and off! We are proud to offer 100% FREE instruction to ALL minors ages 13-17 that are accompanying a paying adult. If we can save just one child then it’s worth it*
Here’s a few of our offerings:
- Private Coaching Session is for intermediate to advanced clients who want tips from a professional while getting in some drills on a private range. Range use is 100% FREE with purchase of a Private Coaching Session. (Flat rate fee applies for this session. Can be 1 on 1 or small groups based on clients request)
- Private Instruction Session is for our clients who are newer to firearms and want to continue increasing their skills by working on grip, aiming, trigger press, etc. We will run through multiple drills starting at the low ready position or chest ready position. No holster work in this session. Range use is 100% FREE with purchase of a Private Instruction Session. (Flat rate fee applies for this session. Can be 1 on 1 or small groups based on clients request)
- Black Pistol Company CWFL Course (Coming Soon) is for clients who successfully complete the NRA BOPS Blended or ILT course and want to take the next step in carrying everyday. This course involves discussing topics such as where to find Florida gun laws and use of force laws, how to choose a firearm, how to choose gear and ammunition for everyday carry, drawing from a holster, movement, defensive scenario discussion and many other topics for those new to concealed carrying. Finally we will go out to a private range and spend 1 hour shooting using the techniques we discuss. Range use is 100% FREE with purchase of the BPC CWFL Course. (3-4 hour course with a flat rate fee – 1-4 clients per course)
- Intro to Competitive Shooting is for our younger clients, ages 13-17, who want more than just static shooting on the range. We will begin with general discussion about competition rules and gear. Discussion includes why we need “safe tables” to scoring targets and everything in between. We will set up multiple stages and walk through the stages discussing how to best shoot them. We will dry run the stages then we will run them with live fire and finally we will diagnose how we did. This course mainly revolves around GSSF and IDPA competition and is geared towards new shooters who are interested in trying a competition for the first time. After successfully completing the course I urge you to come out to a match with us and enjoy the competition and comradery. Range use is 100% FREE with purchase of this course if we work on the private range. For more advanced training for larger groups and more in depth stages we will go to a commercial range and additional fees will apply. (3-4 hour course with a flat fee – Can be 1-15 clients per course)
- NRA BOPS Blended Course is short for NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course. The blended offers you the opportunity to take the first half of the course at home on your computer and when you successfully complete it you can then come to us for the practical shooting portion of the course. This is great for clients who prefer to work at home on their own schedule. The course focuses on many topics such as firearms safety, pistol choices, ammunition basics, pistol shooting fundamentals, shooting positions, common shooting errors, gun cleaning and maintenance, and skill maintenance. After successfully completing this course you will receive a signed NRA completion certificate that the Department of Agriculture will accept to obtain a Florida CWFL. Although I support all of my clients in their choice to obtain a CWFL I also urge you to continue with more advanced training if you intend to carry a firearm daily. Range use is 100% FREE with purchase of this course. (6-8 hour course generally for a flat fee)
- NRA BOPS ILT Course is short for NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor Led Training. This is by far our most popular course. The course focuses on many topics such as firearms safety, pistol choices, ammunition basics, pistol shooting fundamentals, shooting positions, common shooting errors, gun cleaning and maintenance, and skill maintenance. It’s an introductory course for newer clients and a spectacular refresher for experienced gun owners. After successfully completing this course you will receive a signed NRA completion certificate that the Department of Agriculture will accept to obtain a Florida CWFL. Although I support all of my clients in their choice to obtain a CWFL I also urge you to continue with more advanced training if you intend to carry a firearm daily.Range use is 100% FREE with purchase of this course. (6-8 hour course generally with a flat rate fee)
- Skills & Drills 5 Session Course is offered to my clients who have shown they are capable and confident enough to move on to more advanced skills. Every session starts with a safety brief followed by dry fire drills and then moves on to live fire drills focusing on using our fundamentals. Cost is $100 per person per session. 150-200 rounds recommended per session. After completing all 5 sessions at your own pace you will receive a completion certificate from the Black Pistol Company LLC. All sessions are done at a slow pace and are intended for newer shooters who want something more than just static shooting. (This is not a NRA course)
- Session #1 – Drawing from the holster. Holster presentation can be tricky and dangerous if not done correctly. I will teach you how to effectively and safely draw from a holster and get shots on target using methods I’ve learned as a competitive shooter.
- Session #2 – Utilizing cover. There’s a very specific technique we use to utilize cover correctly. During this 2-hour session you’ll learn how to “slice the pie” from behind cover.
- Session #3 – One handed shooting and shooting from one knee techniques. Often, we find ourselves in awkward situations with firearms. This 2-hour session will help teach you to deal with this and work around it.
- Session #4 – Shooting on the move. Get off the “X”. Move, move, move! Hit your target while moving! It’s not easy but you can do it.
- Session #5 – Pistol reloads. During this session, we will discuss emergency reloads, slide lock reloads, speed reloads, tactical reloads, and reloads with retention.